Sunday 17 December 2017

Feeling good about finishing off UFOs

I had a productive couple of hours yesterday afternoon.
I had added borders to the 4 leftover Square Dance blocks on Friday so yesterday I cut backings and sandwiched them together using odd scraps of batting.  I machine quilted diagonally across the block, eyeballing a fairly regular distance between the rows.  Trimmed them and sewed around the edges ready to send to Alison of Little Island Quilting for her on-going Soy Amado project.


I won't post these until after Christmas and New Year but they are finished! 4 more UFO blocks sorted.

I also sandwiched Mr Scarecrow so he's all ready for quilting.


I used a piece of brown Laura Ashley fabric for the backing, which has been lurking in my stash for a very long time - originally gifted to me and was a much larger piece which I have snipped away at over the years.  Still got some left.

I bought a Ditch stitch foot for my Janome so will try this out, ditch-stitching the borders.
Lovely to see these UFOs on the way to being finished.

2 comments:

  1. It always feels so good to finish off UFOs so you can work on new projects. I must try to get more of my UFOs off the shelves too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of these days I'm going to have to try the QAYG method of quilt making. I have so many small pieces of batting that would take too much time to try to piece together for a quilt but QAYG would be perfect especially for donation quilts.

    Rah, yay! Move those UFOs!

    ReplyDelete