Thursday 2 November 2017

Using new fabrics

The majority of quilts I make are Scrap Quilts so it is a fairly rare event for me to make a quilt almost entirely from new fabric.  But that is what I have been doing for the past few days.
I have been asked to make a quilt for a friend to gift to her sister's expected baby.  They know it will be a girl but didn't want anything too "pink and girly" so I have come up with this:




I haven't used tumblers in any of my designs before and I enjoyed making them.
The wide grey panel in the middle is where I will add the baby's name in large appliqued capital letters.

The colours haven't photographed very well, it's a dull grey November afternoon here.  In reality all the colours are more vibrant and contrast more.

 

6 comments:

  1. A lovely baby quilt and the parents will love the personalized touch with their baby's name on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely baby quilt and the parents will love the personalized touch with their baby's name on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice colors, not too frilly. The name will be the best part. Have fun finishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the colours are great in real life. Adding the name for that special touch will be perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute. Every once in awhile you have to cut into new fabric so you have more scraps to make those scrappy quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You accomplished sweet without making it too "girly". I think the recipients will love it. I really like the idea of having a panel on which to applique the baby's name.

    ReplyDelete