Saturday 2 September 2017

Linking up with So Scrappy Saturday

Angie has announced the new colour for September - it's orange, a colour that is extremely sparse in my stash so I have very few scraps to play with.  I like the colour and love using it in my quilts but find it tends to get used up and so, no scraps.

Over the past month or so I have been cutting many of my really tiny scraps into 1.5" squares so I knew I had a few orange ones.  However many of them are repeats but I did manage to make 2 Roman Stripe blocks.


I did quite a bit of sewing with scraps yesterday and a little more today and produced a few more Roman Stripe blocks. I am making sure I make pairs of the same colour because when they fit together into a quilt you need two pairs of different colours in each block - eg 2 pinks and 2 greens.


The single turquoise block pairs with another turquoise one I made earlier in the week.

I also made 2 x 49 patch blocks, green and yellow.  These are quite fiddly to make so I will only make single ones occasionally!

8 comments:

  1. I'm really liking those Roman Stripe blocks. They look so organized

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pretty colors in your Roman Stripe blocks! They're going to make a fun rainbow quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wouldn't worry about duplicates. Your blocks look great!! Nice job of using your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Double-ups aren't an issue and always seem to blend in the overall design and finished project. 1.5 in squares are small! The effect is great though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And now for your orange block... It's not going to matter about a duplicate...

    ReplyDelete
  6. thrilled it is orange as it is one of my favourite colours. our blocks look so colourful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful use of those itty bits! You sure are moving right along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would never have known about this block if I hadn't been inspired by Cathy ( Sane, Crazy, Crumby Quilting blog). I love them!

      Delete