Monday 28 August 2017

Weekend windows of opportunity

This weekend is a Bank Holiday in the UK but when you are retired (as we are) it doesn't have the same significance.

We have never chosen to travel anywhere during Bank Holidays as we had no desire to be stuck in traffic jams. This weekend has been no exception!  For once the Bank Holiday has been blessed with beautiful sunny weather - they are normally a wash out! We have enjoyed the garden, eating some meals outside ( very few this summer) and I have done a bit of gardening.

On the sewing front I decided to sew for a little while early on Saturday morning and complete a few more Twinkler blocks which were kitted up ready to go.  I am linking these with So Scrappy RSC blog as they have neutral centres and star points. That counts, doesn't it?
I finished 8 before I ran out of 1.5" squares for the star points so  need to cut a few more as I still have lots of 8 x 2.5" squares pinned together ready to turn into blocks.





Baby Georgie made an appearance on Thursday evening so I have been busy embroidering the label for this quilt I made last year:


This is the label:

 
Ready to sew onto the quilt whilst I'm watching TV.
 
 
I also managed to pop over to see baby India and deliver my collection of hand made gifts. gorgeous baby, lovely family and today I received a beautiful photo of baby India lying on her Happy Cats quilt. That's why I make quilts!
 
 

3 comments:

  1. lots of twinkler stars it looks very good, this is a lovely block.Such a pretty baby quilt which is sure to be treasured as Georgie gets older.What do you use to write your labels, I find writing on fabric tricky, usually use calico maybe that is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your baby quilt is gorgeous and I am sure will be well loved and snuggled. Your star blocks are gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to see you getting the label on and the quilt will be used... love your stars

    ReplyDelete