Tuesday 28 February 2017

Strawberries and Butterflies - a finish

My first finished quilt of 2017..............................  Drum roll please!

I present "Strawberries and Butterflies"!


This little Premature baby Quilt was made from already completed 4.5" Crumb blocks, alternating with 4.5" butterfly fabric blocks cut from a FQ which has been in my NZ stash for some years. The sashing is a Strawberry one which I bought this year at Spotlight. I also used the Strawberry fabric for the backing and binding.
The quilt measures 22" x 24" which I understood to be the size required by our local Maternity Unit at Motueka. Apparently those are the maximum measurements: anything from 18" x 21" is required.
Thankfully mine was acceptable and I received some nice comments following Show and Tell.

So pleased to finally have a finished quilt to show for all the sewing I have done since being in NZ from the beginning of January.  However  today at my Quilting Group I put together another Premature baby quilt and sandwiched it ready to quilt and bind at my Saturday Group meeting.

I handed in Strawberries and Butterflies at today's meeting and will give my current project in at the next meeting on 15th March. It's another variation of Crumb blocks

8 comments:

  1. such a worthwhile cause and a good way to use up scraps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! Great use of crumbs! (And a good cause too)...good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Margaret and Cathy. Love using those crumbs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A cute finish! and such a great way to use up those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I previously commented but wanted to say thanks for linking up! (And keep the butterfly blocks and quilts coming!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet little tiny baby quilt! Very kind of you to donate to a good cause :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The butterflies add joy to this darling preemie quilt. How kind of you. Thanks for linking with Kaleidoscope of Butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know preemie quilt size--thanks for that info. Very sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete