Wednesday 15 July 2015

The importance of labelling stash

I have always liked to label things so I know exactly what is in bags and boxes. Saves so much time and effort fruitlessly looking for things.

About three years ago I sorted out my Sewing Room, labelling drawers and boxes so I knew where everything was.  But then I did loads more projects and everything got mixed up again. 

During my recent "Spring clean" I came upon lots of labelled packs, fabrics I had gathered together for future projects etc.  Amongst those I found this pack of strips ready to be made into a backing, I had even slipped a little note inside the pack with the dimensions it would end up as and a little sketch of the order in which to join the strips!

 
The strips all needed a good press because they had been folded away in the plastic bag for years!
 
 
But I pressed them, sewed them up and made just the right sized backing for another Boy Cot quilt I put together last week.  More stash used up.
 
The quilt is sandwiched and ready for me to start hand quilting tomorrow when I am at my Patchwork Group meeting.  The quilt has used up scraps from my stash too.
 
So, my tip is "Label your stash"!
 

2 comments:

  1. Very nice to use more of your stash. And another quilt nearly done. Good on you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to cut off a piece of batting from new yardage but otherwise everything was from my stash.

    ReplyDelete