Saturday 16 May 2015

Re-visiting a favourite quilt

I read Rachael's blog post ( Blue Mountain Daisy) and she is linking to Amy's Creative Side's
Blogger's Quilt Festival.



 
I  popped over to take a look at the categories and it made me think back to some of my favourite quilts.

Back in 2011 I made this Rainbow quilt which I called Rainbow Nation Quilt.  It was a 60th birthday gift for a friend in New Zealand.  I had previously made a similar one for my daughter and thoroughly enjoyed making another similar one.
 

Rainbow Nation Quilt

 
I made 9 large String blocks, using the colours of the rainbow for the centre diamonds of each block.
As there are 7 colours in the rainbow I made 2 red centered blocks( top left and bottom right corners) and 2 yellow centered ones (top right and bottom left corners).
 
I love rainbows, and this quilt is still one of my favourites. 
I would like to enter it in The ROYGBIV Quilts Category in Amy's Blogger's Quilt Festival and am linking to that post HERE.Blogger's Quilt Festival: Spring 2015

2 comments:

  1. This is a great entry for the rainbow category in the festival!! So great that you joined in the festival.

    ReplyDelete