Thursday 15 May 2014

Exciting post today

I love receiving post and today's was especially good!
Two items I had recently ordered both arrived on the same day:

First, a great Quilt Book by Bonnie K Hunter (Quiltville blog) which is called String Fling. The book was published in 2012 and is Bonnie's 4th book.  She has recently published another one.
I follow Bonnie's blog and as she is constantly touring teaching classes you get to see some great photos of the places she visits as well as the students and the great blocks and quilts they are making.

In a couple of recent posts my eye was drawn to two of her quilt designs: Tulip Fields and Pfeffernusse. Both were in the same book String Fling so I ordered it from Amazon.  Postal charges from the States are so high now but this was a reasonable way of getting the book to me.

Then I saw a bundle of 4 fat Quarters on Ebay:  4 coordinating pale pink fabrics, the main one having a Parisian theme.  I am short of pink fabrics in my stash and as I may be going to make a pink baby girl quilt for a neighbour I thought they would be good to add to the stash.. Good price too!

So, although one parcel was coming from The USA and the other from here in the UK they both popped through the letterbox this morning.

I have just skimmed through the book and it looks great.  All the 13 quilts are made from string and scrap fabrics, so just up my street. Now I have to decide which blocks to try first.

The Fat Quarters are going into my diminished stash of pink fabrics, ready for the baby quilt when I get confirmation from my neighbour.

Here's a photo:

1 comment:

  1. Those pink fabrics are so cute! and just the right shade of pink! That book looks like the perfect scap buster book, I bet you'll be inspired to sew lots of quilts after looking through it.

    ReplyDelete