Saturday 1 February 2014

What happened to January?

2nd February today and This is my first post of 2014!

A good reason as I flew off to Hong Kong en route to New Zealand on New Year's Day.  Since then my DH and I have been having a lovely time reacquainting ourselves with our NZ house, neighbours and friends.  Almost no sewing has been done, a little knitting, and a lot of socializing and enjoying the sunny summery weather here.  Just what anyone in rain-swept Britain wants to hear. Sorry!

So no quilting photos to share but on Tuesday I may visit a Patchwork Shop and on Wednesday I will be going to my Quilting Group so a little sewing may be done.

I have been enjoying following Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville blog, watched a couple of her Quiltcams and feel fired up to try some of her Leaders and Enders Split9Patch blocks.  Before I can make a start I have to cut up some of the stash scraps I have here in NZ though. In the UK I already have a box of 2.5" squares, not here though.  But when it is sunny I will not be sitting indoors at the sewing machine but I could cut cut up a few scraps on the table on the back deck.


No comments:

Post a Comment