Sunday 15 April 2012

Hexie Quilt - a Special Gift!

I had the most wonderful surprise last Thursday. My Quilting Group arranged an extra get-together for afternoon tea, something we have done a few times over the past seven months as I have been ill and undergoing treatment.  However, I was presented with the most wonderful surprise, a Hexie Quilt made by the group and a little doll's quilt ( using the left-over hexies ) for my 2 two year old granddaughter.  To say I was speechless is the understatement of the year!  Gorgeous quilts, beautiful colours and so fantastically made! Both made with such love, to wish me well as my treatment continues.
I love Hexies, and have admired many lovely examples on Flickr, and now I have a wonderful quilt of my own, complete with its label signed my all my dear quilting freinds.  My granddaughter has yet to see her quilt, so I can't wait to see her surprised face!


My Hexie Quilt


Hexie Doll's Quilt


Both snuggling together!

No comments:

Post a Comment